The GAN International Apprentice Scholarship is designed to provide Australian apprentices and trainees the opportunity to experience how apprenticeships and traineeships are delivered abroad; investigate alternative technologies and work methods; and consider the application of the learnings to their apprenticeship in a local context.
The total value of the scholarship is $12,000.00.
Applicants for the scholarship must:
- be an apprentice/trainee at the time of nomination or have completed within the last 12 months
- be at least 18 years of age
- address the following criteria in their application:
- Career and study achievements
- why you chose your course
- how it changed or impacted on you
- what you have gained from completing your course
- what you have been able to bring to your workplace
- any challenges you have had to address that have impacted on your training
- Team and communication skills
- what you have been able to tell others – students, friends, etc., about your training
- what you like about working in a team setting
- what traits you think are important to positively influence others
- Other qualities and pursuits
- if you have had to address any challenges that have impacted on your training
- if you have been required to use initiative either in your training, your personal life or your workplace
- examples where you have taken a leadership role inside or outside of work
- your involvement in other community or industry pursuits
- Describe what activities you would like to undertake as part of your scholarship
- which country would you like to visit
- why you have chosen this country
- which industries have you identified to research
- how will you share your experience and findings when you return
Applications must be made by the closing date using the Application Form below.
Applications open on Monday, 6 September 2021 and close at 11:59pm on Friday, 8 October 2021. Applications will not be accepted after this date.
Applications will be assessed in line with the selection criteria and the applicant who best meets the selection criteria and who is approved by the AEN Nominations Committee will be offered the scholarship. In some cases, this may involve an interview with the AEN Nominations Committee.
Once the applications have been assessed and the outcomes known, all applicants will be notified in writing within 3 weeks of the closing date.
The recipient of the scholarship will be invited to attend the AEN/GAN Annual Awards Dinner on Thursday, 25th of December 2021 to be formally presented with the scholarship.