Why apprenticeships and the GAN?
Work-readiness programmes include training for apprentices and trainees are key to create jobs for youth and skills for business:
- ensures that trainings matches the needs within a company or industry
- keeps up-to-date with changes in technology, work practices, and market dynamics
- links classrooms and workplace training so that young people acquire relevant skills
- equips young people with critically important core skills, such as problem solving, teamwork, and communication
- offers young people an income while preparing for the job market
- helps them clear the hurdle of having no job experience, a barrier that prevents many other graduates from securing their first job